Albany Leisure and Aquatic Centre has a range of squad programs, catering for swim stages from 3 right through to 10+.
Our program is designed around encouraging swimmers to further develop their skill levels through improving their fitness and strength.
We maintain a high level of continuous stroke correction and development throughout all levels of the squad program.
Nipper Squad (30 minutes)
• Introductory squad for swim stages 3 and 4
• Swimmers work on their Freestyle and Backstroke techniques whilst improving swim fitness and endurance levels.
Stingray Squad (30 minutes)
• Moving beyond the basics, this squad is designed for swim stages 5 and 6
• The main objective of this squad is stroke correction and development
• Swimmers continue to work on Freestyle, Backstroke and Breaststroke.
• Total swim distance is increased and extended.
Dolphin Squad (60 minutes)
• Catering for swim stages 7, 8 and 9
• The Dolphin squad provides the opportunity for swimmers to develop skills in all four competitive strokes; Freestyle, Backstroke, Breaststroke and Butterfly.
• Introduces racing starts, turns and finishes.
Barracuda Squad (60 minutes)
• Aimed at swim stages 10+
• Technique and competitive skill development in all four competitive strokes are a continued focus, along with endurance and speed.
• Provides a pathway for more serious swimmers wanting to compete at competition levels
• Barracudas swim an average training session of 1.5 to 2 km’s
Term 4, 2017 Timetables will be released Monday, 18 September 2017.
Term 4, 2017 Enrolments open Monday, 18 September 2017.
Enrolments can be made online at Albany Leisure Centre > *Swim School > Swim School online or an Enrolment Form can be completed and returned to ALAC for processing.
- ALAC: Swim School Enrolment Form (51KB)Enrolment form for the Albany Leisure and Aquatic Centre's Swim 2 Survive swim school program.
Contact Swim School
Ph: 08 9820 3422