Centennial Park Sporting Precinct
Centennial Park Sporting Precinct consists of four main sporting precincts - Central, Collingwood Park, Eastern and Western.
The sporting grounds within these precincts are utilised by different user groups depending on the sporting season at that time.
The summer sporting season commences on 1 November and continues through until 31 March featuring junior and senior Athletics, Cricket and Touch Rugby. The winter sporting season begins on 1 April and continues through until 31 October featuring junior and senior AFL, Hockey and Soccer.
Depending on the season, the grounds within each precinct are identified by a letter and/or a number. The naming of each space in this way assists with the bookings process and identifying the correct space when allocating a field or maintenance is required. A map of each precinct showing both summer and winter layouts is available within the following headings.
Bookings can be made for any of the sporting fields within the Centennial Park Sporting Precinct by completing an application form. You can also contact the Recreation Bookings Officer at the City of Albany on PH: 6820 3456 or by email: email@example.com should you have any questions. This officer is located at the Albany Leisure and Aquatic Centre and is available to meet with you to discuss any issues or questions you may have during normal business hours.
Online calendars indicating current bookings can be viewed by selecting the precinct below:
- If a booking is already listed on the date you require please click on this date and it will indicate which field is booked and the time of the booking.
- All care is taken to ensure these calendars are up to date however a booking may have been received and be in the approval process but not yet published. A vacant calendar date does not guarantee your booking.
For casual use of a field please use the Casual Sports Field Permit Application located at the rear of the Casual Sport Field Booking Handbook.
Should you wish to book an indoor court, the aquatic facilities, a meeting room or the hockey turf please complete the ALAC Booking Application.
Please contact the Recreation Bookings Officer directly should you wish to book a City of Albany meeting room located at the Major Stadium in the Eastern Precinct.
- ALAC Booking Application (195KB)ALAC Booking Application to book courts pool hockey turf
- Casual Sport Field Permit Handbook and Application (700KB)Casual Sport Field Permit Handbook and Application
Central Precinct relates to the grounds locally known as Railways Oval bordered by Lockyer Avenue and North Road.
Within Central precinct, there is an oval, cricket nets, areas for overflow parking, a small lake used by electric sail boating enthusiasts and some open space. The oval is predominantly used in the summer season for cricket fixtures and cricket training. Some development programs for other sports make use of this space during the week when available.
During the winter season AFL is the main sport played on the oval. Trainings and junior AFL fixtures are played here at various times throughout the week. Lighting at the oval was replaced during 2016 and increased to 100 lux enabling night games and late training to take place in a safe, well lit environment.
The oval is often utilised when a large school carnival is taking place as it is centrally located to both Eastern and Western precincts.
- MAP CPSP Central Precinct Summer (263KB)Map of Central Precinct Railways Oval for Summer season sport
- MAP CPSP Central Precinct Winter (264KB)Map of Central Precinct Railways Oval for Winter season sport
Collingwood Park is lcoated approximately 6 kms from Centennial Park and is situated on Troode Street. The grounds feature an oval that sees both cricket and touch rugby played during the summer months and AFL during the winter.
The current 20 lux lights at Collingwood Park are being replaced at the end of the 2017 winter season and will see the oval being lit by 100 lux lighting.
- MAP CPSP Collingwood Park Summer (191KB)Map of Collingwood Park Oval for Summer Season sport
- MAP CPSP Collingwood Park Winter (190KB)Map of Collingwood Park for Winter season sport
Eastern Precinct includes Albany's new Major Stadium, sporting arena and several grassed multi-use areas. This large precinct is bordered by Lockyer Avenue, North and Campbell roads.
Completed in 2017, the Major Stadium overlooks the main oval and the grandstand provides the perfect viewing point for local sport played here most weekends. The lighting installed at the grounds is 200 lux and along with the measurements of the actual playing surface is compliant with strict AFL guidelines to ensure Albany can offer to host future AFL fixtures.
The large open space around the main ground can and has been utilised in many ways hosting Caravan and Camping Shows, the Albany Agricultural Show, junior AFL fixtures and training and other smaller City of Albany approved events.
- MAP CPSP Eastern Precinct Summer (317KB)Map of Eastern Precinct Major Stadium oval S, T and U and Junior footy ovals K1 K2 K3 K4 K5 K6 K7 K8 K9
- MAP CPSP Eastern Precinct Winter (327KB)Map of Eastern Precinct Major stadium S, T, U and junior footy K1 K2 K3 K4 K5 K6 K7 K8 K9
Western Precinct comprises the athletics track and playing fields situated along North Road along with a multi purpose playing field and synthetic hockey turf. The Albany Leisure and Aquatic Centre is also located within the Western Precinct.
A large number of the playing fields in the Western Precinct have lighting available and are well patronised in the winter season with soccer a major user group. The hockey turf is the only synthetic surface available in Albany and sees a large number of teams playing and training most nights of the week in winter. The multipurpose field is available for a variety of sports and has hosted Night Frisbee, Junior Rugby, Sheepdog Trials and a Colour Run.
The Albany Leisure and Aquatic Centre Aquatics area consists of two heated 25m pools - one is predominantly used as a lap pool with a 1.8m depth and the other as a 1.2m deep leisure pool. A water slide, beach entry and toddler pool keep the children entertained. ALAC also boasts two large stadiums housing a total of seven indoor courts patronised throughout the year by badminton, basketball, netball, roller skating, indoor soccer, tennis and volleyball players alike.
- MAP CPSP Western Precinct Summer (347KB)Map of Western Precinct Athletics Oval and cricket pitches ALAC and Multi Purpose
- MAP CPSP Western Precinct Winter (365KB)Map of Western Precinct grounds Soccer Hockey ALAC and Multi purpose